WHAT WE DO AT LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP
Lucky Star Horsemanship offers Clinics, Workshops, Skill Evaluations, Lessons, Guest Speaker Services, Leadership “Camps“, Team Training Programs. Equine Event Management and Business Development Programs. Based out of Hudson Valley region of New York, we are able to serve the region, the entire U.S.A and abroad with quality learning opportunities.
Lucky Star Horsemanship offers the equine community, facility owners/managers and “Students of the Horse” the following services.
FULL-DAY CLINICS: The most impactful and cost-effective way to improve and enrich your partnership with your horse! Full-Day Clinics are held for a minimum of four (4) Riders and a maximum of ten (10) participants. Full Day Clinics are usually seven to eight (7-8) hours long, with a one (1) hour lunch break. Lunch is provided. Participants also get a copy of our Cooperative Horsemanship booklet. Base price per participant is $200.00. Clinics are held at a location of your choosing. Please contact us to schedule your clinic.
Enrich Your HORSEMANSHIP….With CLINICS!
HALF-DAY CLINICS: Half-Day Clinics are three to four (3-4) hours in length and have a base price of $150.00 per Rider. Half-Day Clinics are held for a minimum of four (4) Riders and a Maximum of twelve (12) Riders. Clinics are held at a location of your choosing. Please contact to schedule your clinic.
MULTI-DAY CLINICS: These Clinics can be a combination of Focuses and are at least two days in length. Lunch is provided each day. Participants also get a copy of our Cooperative Horsemanship Booklet. Multi-Day Clinics are held for a minimum of four (4) Riders and a maximum of twelve (12) Riders. Bases price for a two-day Clinic is $400.00 (covers both days and our accommodations. A small travel fee may apply depending n your location).
AUDITORS: Most of the Clinics offered by Lucky Star Horsemanship will allow Auditors, unless otherwise specified by the Clinic host. Half-Day Clinic Audit Fee is $20.00 (standard Auditor fee = special Auditor packages may be available at certain Clinics or Events)
TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM: The Lucky Star Horsemanship TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM is idea for those Stables, Horse Rescues, Therapeutic Riding Centers, Trail Riding Facilities and other equine focused 0rganizations that rely on Team Members and Volunteers, with varied horse experience, to help keep the facility and program running smoothly. Our TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM covers a variety of topics such as Barn Operations, Safe Horse Handling, Basic Horse Training, Behavior Evaluation, Program Development/Management, Public Relations and more. Our TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM can be sculpted to fit the needs of each team and organization. Sessions can be formatted into one-day, two-day or multi-day experiences. Comes with a digital copy of our Lucky Star Horsemanship Team Training Booklet.
- SINGLE DAY: Key points include Barn Operations/Safety, Safe Horse Handling, Basic Behavior Evaluation. Public Relations. 2 -12 Participants. $650.00 per day, per group (travel fees applicable). Lunch is included for the group.
- TWO DAY: Key points include Barn Operations/Safety, Barn Operations/Team Dynamics, Safe Horse Handling, Basic Behavior Evaluation, Public Relations, and a Collaborative Groundwork/Basic Horse Training Clinic. 2 -12 Participants. $1100.00 per two-day experience, per group (travel fees applicable).
- MULTI DAY: Key points include Barn Operations/Safety, Barn Operations/Team Dynamics, Tack Evaluation/Maintenance, Safe Horse Handling, Basic Behavior Evaluation, Public Relations, Program Management, Marketing, and a Cooperative Horsemanship Clinic. Up to four consecutive days of training. 2 -12 Participants. $1500.00 per multi-day experience, per group (travel fees applicable).
To discuss a TEAM TRAINING PROGRAM for your Organization please contact Lucky Star Horsemanship at (518) 303-2504 or email us at email@example.com.
THE MOST POPULAR CLINIC “FOCUSES” HERE AT LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP!
We can sculpt clinics and workshops to match your needs. Here are just a few of the clinic focuses that have been very popular over the last several years.
- ESTABLISHING CONNECTION-ROUND PEN 101: The GOAL of this clinic is to help the horse and the human establish communication, control and confidence. It all starts in the round pen! Primary focuses will include: Establishing direction. Establishing connection. Establishing communication through clear body language and focused intent. Establishing trust. Establishing consistency and more. Site needs a round pen of at least 40 feet in diameter.
- BUILDING A FOUNDATION I: Effective Round Pen & Groundwork before we ride, working on Communication, Control and Confidence. (great for younger/ green horses who are started under saddle.)
- BUILDING A FOUNDATION II: Effective Groundwork (lead line) & Effective Riding Basics to the level/needs of the Riders. We will go outside our current comfort zones to improve connection and refinement while improving performance.
- INTRODUCTION TO HORSEMANSHIP: Building stronger partnerships and more refined communication through groundwork, riding, body control, “quiet conversations”, C.P.R and patterns.
- HORSEMANSHIP IMMERSION I: Delving deep into your horsemanship, correcting behavior issues, improving communication, control and confidence.
- HORSEMANSHIP IMMERSION II: Taking your partnership to new levels, refining skills and communication and improving overall body control and “softness.”
- INTRODUCTION TO OBSTACLES/OBJECTS: Challenging your partnership with the introduction of obstacles, objects and equine games.
- TRAINING ON THE TRAIL: Preparation to take your horse on the trail. Once on the trail the Clinic focuses on developing a great “handle”, and enriches the communication, control and confidence between the horse and human.
- TRAILER LOADING: This session focuses on preparing your horse to load safely in the trailer. Please contact us for details.
- BUILDING CONFIDENCE CLINIC: This is a Two-Day Clinic focusing on building (or rebuilding) the Confidence between the Horse and the Human. Participants will learn to Understand/ Manage Emotions, Improve Connection through Groundwork, Enriching Control in the Saddle, and Enhancing Confidence through Collaboration. Each day we provide Lunch.
- CONNECTION SESSIONS: This is a TWO HOUR small group lesson at your facility. Minimum of three (3) Riders (unless other arrangements are made). Groundwork, Riding and more are covered. These sessions are sculpted to fit the needs of the Participants.
- MULTI-DAY CLINICS: Clinic Focuses can be combined into two (2) and three (3) day Sessions. Several Half-Day Clinics can be combined over two to three (2-3) days as well. Please contact us to discuss details.
HOW TO BOOK A CLINIC or CONNECTION SESSION
CLINICS: Our Half-Day, Full-Day and Multi-Day Clinics can be reserved using one of our Clinic Programs: The Clinic Kick Back Program or the Flat Rate Program!
CLINIC KICK-BACK PROGRAM: The Clinic will need to have the MINIMUM number of Participants reserved within two weeks of said Clinic in order for it to happen. If the Clinic Participants reach SIX (6) in number, the host or host facility gets either a FREE CLINIC SPACE or $100.00. If the Clinic Participants reach TEN (10) in number, the host or host facility will get either TWO FREE CLINIC SPACES or $200.00. If the facility charges Lucky Star Horsemanship an arena fee/ arena rental fee then no funds will be given, only the Clinic Participant space. A 20% non-refundable deposit per Participant is required to hold their space. Lucky Star Horsemanship will handle the bookings and will provide marketing materials, tips, and a Facebook event page link to help promote the session.
FLATE RATE PROGRAM: The Flat Rate is based on several factors, such as location, clinic type and projected average attendance. No minimum number of Participants needs. Max is about 12 Participants (if there is going to be more than 12 we need at least a week’s notice so we can secure additional assistance). The host/ host facility will handle the bookings. Any funds above the flat rate is retained by the host/host facility. A 20% non-refundable deposit is required to hold the clinic date. Lucky Star Horsemanship will provide marketing materials, tips, and a Facebook event page link to help promote the session.
WE CAN HELP MANAGE YOUR SPECIAL EVENT OR ASSIST WITH YOUR BUSINESS DEVELOPEMENT!
Lucky Star Horsemanship can manage your special event, from conceptualization to execution. Whether it is a tack swap meet to a regional horse exposition (check out EQUUS FEST EAST for an example at www.equusfesteast.com) we can handle your special event needs. Our event management fees are very cost-effective and we provide a variety of services that will ensure your event is successful. To discuss your special event needs please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lucky Star Horsemanship can also assist you in developing your equine based business. Whether you are a new barn owner or have developed a new product/service that you want to bring to the marketplace, we can help you develop your business with a variety of services that will set you apart from the herd as you set up for real success! Just contact us and let us see how we can help you.
LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP is honored to Exhibit at Equus Fest East which happened on Saturday, September 24, 2022 at the Ulster County Fairgrounds in New Paltz, New York from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Please check out the event website at (www.equusfesteast.com) for all the details. Be sure to stop by our Booth in the Young Building and say hello! We will be giving away a FREE HALF-DAY CLINIC so be sure to sign up!
LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP is honored to Exhibit at Equine Affaire which happens November 10 -13, 2023 at the Eastern States Expo Center in Springfield, MA. Please check out the event website at www.equineaffaire.com for all the details. Come check out our NEW LINE of Tack and Saddle Accessories at our booth in the Young Building!
LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP is honored to Exhibit at Horse World Expo happening on March 2-5-. 2023 at the Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. Please check out the website at www.horseworldexpo.com for all the details.
LUCKY STAR HORSEMANSHIP is honored to Exhibit at Western New York Equisfest happening on March 17-19, 2023 at the Fairground in Hamburg, NY. Stay tuned for more details!